So, what was different? Well, this time, I started out a little later than usual and, as a result, took with me a feeling of hunger! Huge mistake. Everything began to look like food with my name on it and by the time I was done, my stomach was rumbling and I felt miserable! What should have been an enjoyable experience had quickly turned ugly!
Do you make the same mistakes in your online business? Doing stuff that is just plain dumb or, and possibly more importantly, NOT doing the things you should? (Like I simply should have had a snack before I took off for my walk………..)
This weeks article “5 Paths To Instant Online Business Failure” talks about some common mistakes business owners make and how you can avoid them.
There are more than enough articles written about what you need to do to be successful online. Most will provide you with lists of things you must have, must do, must buy etc. There are also lots of books and people that encourages us to “embrace failure and learn from it”.
Not many will actually share the things that you MUST AVOID to ensure that your business does not fail! And, let’s be real, none of us wants to fail!
Unfortunately, along with the many online businesses that succeed, there are far more that fail. And while failure might be a part of life, it certainly should never be the goal of business!
Here are 5 things you must avoid if you want to prevent failure:
- Starting without a plan. Even a basic plan, that outlines the critical elements of any business is necessary. It helps to keep you focused and, serves as a reminder of where you are headed, when things are not going well.
- Having unrealistic expectations. You must be honest about what is likely to be the growth of your business in relation to your plan and activity. Remember, this is not necessarily easy but, if you keep your expectations in line with your efforts, etc. you will find it rewarding and will have your expectations met!
- Not updating your content regularly. In this day of instant gratification and unlimited choices, you must take the time to ensure your content is up-to-date and accurate. Having a blog is a great way to do this.
- Not building a mailing list. Most people will not engage with you or your products on their first encounter so you need a way to stay in touch. Capturing an email address is one way to ensure that you have a vehicle to put yourself and your products in front of prospects.
- Not changing with the times. Be sure you stay abreast of what is going on in your industry. Join relevant organizations, read industry blogs, content etc. and respond by updating skills, technology etc. to keep up with industry standards.
So, let’s keep moving toward success and keep failure of your list!
To your online success.