It’s the end of the year. Let the celebration begin!
One of my busiest times is just after the holidays. Usually I get calls from current clients in a panic because they negelected to take action before they started to celebrate and now that deadline is looming large! Or, that prospect who realizes their website launch or book release will be delayed yet another several weeks because they really intended to actually work during this festive time of year!
We can all relate right?
For me, this was especially important since I usually travel abroad during this time of year and although I always have the ability to work virtually, I soon realised how much I hated having to forego family time to stay on top of my business.
Here are five things you could do today, to help keep your business running while you enjoy the holidays:
- Complete a Year-End Checklist: After my first few years in business, I learned how important it is to put things in place before I take a break at the end of the year to ensure I had a smooth transition into the new year. After a lot of missteps and fine tuning, I created a super easy to follow checklist that helped me stay on task through the end of the year and let me hit the ground running once the holidays were behind me. Although I usually complete this checklist before the end of November, it’s not to late if you are stuck or haven’t been able to get a handle on things. You can download it here (no sign-up necessary).
- Prepare three blog posts which include product or affiliate links, and schedule them to go out one per week for the next three weeks. (Of course you have a blog to support your online business, right?)
- Using one of the automated social media tools, schedule tweets or Facebook posts to cover the entire holiday period. Remember to include product or affiliate links where practical. That way, if you are unable to personally tweet or post, your presence will not be missed! (I just know that you are already on Twitter and Facebook, at the very least ☺). At the very least you can schedule Facebook posts without any third-party tool.
- Create at least two e-mail broadcasts that promote one of your products. (If you use a service like Aweber, you can push your blog posts to your lists automatically!)
- Create at least one landing page using smart SEO (search engine optimization). More people will be using search engines during their off time over the holidays so a well optimized page will generate more sales during this period. Many WordPress themes have a landing page template built-in. Just select this page type from the drop down list at the right of the blog post page.
- Create an after holiday email broadcast to remind folks that you are “”back in the saddle and rearing to go!
If you are just one of those people who simply want someone else to do it for you, then send me an email and let me know your needs. (I usually respond within 24 hours most weekdays, excluding federal holidays and when I’m on vacation.)
Wishing you all the best for 2016!
To your online success!