It is not sufficient to continuously talk about what your business offers, how much your services cost, why you are the best, blah, blah , blah!
Instead, think of Social Media as another networking event at which you are engaging with known colleagues and strangers alike. You certainly would not start a conversation by taking about your business before you introduced yourself and allowed the other person to reciprocate.
Also, remember the complete bore at the last event you attended? Don’t let that be you 🙁
So, what should you do?
In an interview with Joe Pulizzi he talks about the following:
- Taking off your business hat and putting on your publishing, social hat
- Why what you have to say must be interesting
- Incorporating social tools in your social content strategy
- Knowing where your community is hanging out online (see my related post)
- The most cost effective content marketing strategy
- Determining what content will work best for your social media strategy
- Content marketing changes