Facebook offers a seemingly unlimited mixture of useful and playful applications. You may find yourself building a family tree, caught up in a war or feeding farm animals or just sucked into the excitement of the gossip of the day!
This can become addictive and before you know it, your entire day has gone by and you have not accomplished one useful thing!
To avoid the time sink on Facebook here are five suggestions:
- schedule your social media time each day and stick to it – set an alarm to go off when your time is up. You can download many alarm applications for your desktop. Here is just one. Or, if you use Outlook, set up an alert there.
- optimize your Facebook profile to zone in on your favorite places, topics and people on Facebook – news feeds for quick glancing then create lists of friends to check in on them as a group. Learn how to create lists.
- set up a separate folder in your email account and create rules to direct them to that folder, then set aside time to review and respond from within your email account. See how to send your Facebook notifications to your email.
- “unfriend” or block ‘friends” that suck up too much of your time with posts that never interest you.
- block applications in which you have no interest . See how to block applications on Facebook.
Remember, be sure to limit your time on Facebook and other social networks and, if you are using Facebook for business, be sure to distinguish between business and personal time.
You can learn more about using Facebook for business at Facebook For Business.
To your online success!