This past weekend, I played host to 5 young ladies, all college grads or active college students. Watching their energy and seeing just how much activities they managed to pack into one weekend reminded me of how easy it is to become overwhelmed when there is so much to do and so little time. Especially when you are no longer a “spring chicken”!
Ways A Virtual Assistant Can Help Online Business Owners, takes a look at how a Virtual Assistant can help you manage your time and keep your sanity as you grow your Online Business!
Thanks to the advances in technology, the virtual assistant (VA) industry has grown to more than 25,000+ This number is an estimate only since there is currently no source that specifically tracks VAs, mostly because the term is now used to describe an array of service providers.
The thing that is known about Virtual Assistants is that they are independent contractors who work remotely, usually from a home office. They support multiple clients from a variety of industries and provide services ranging from routine administrative tasks to highly skilled technical or specialized services.
According to a recent survey of 50 VAs here are some interesting facts:
- The average going rate for US based VAs is $30 – 75 per hour (these are not set in stone and can change based on the level of skill)
- Many VAs put in between 30 – 60 hours a week
- VAs tend to bring a higher level of skill than typical assistants, who are usually limited by the training offered by their employers.
- Many of them continue to learn new skills and are usually well versed in the latest available tools and services to support their offerings.
- Although many VAs may have a niche, many of them work with clients who require more services, by teaming with other VAs to get the tasks done.
Here are just 10 things a VA can help you with to free up your time:
- Website design and management
- Electronic Newsletter Management
- List/Database Management
- Event Planning
- Graphic Design
- Internet Marketing
- Project Management
- Content development
This is just a small sampling of how a Virtual Assistant can help make your life as an online business owner easier. Check out Ways To Work With A VA for more ideas.
You can check out my own Virtual Assistance services or, visit the International Virtual Assistants Association for more information about working with a VA.
To Your Online Success!